Sunday, November 8, 2009

Working on my Fitness

Ever since I started attending BodyCombat and Pump at the gym, I feel invigorated. I feel like my energy level has gone up and my productivity at school has really increased. I no longer have any sleepless and stressful nights. My body just feels like it's full of activity and energy that some times, I don't know what do with it.
My friend, Fontane, has also been working on her fitness too. She's been going to hot yoga and has been going to the gym regularly too. She started to eat healthy... and I can see that there were some positive changes.
Even though she initially started to work out to lose some weight, I can tell that she is transitioning into a fitness freak. She is uber aware of what she eats and how many times she works out. I think Fontane is stepping away from the the goal of losing weight to becoming a healthier person in general.
&& I notice that a lot of people who start this trend... to change their lifestyle and not stick to a fad diet that that is what they will have or will become - to change their lifestyle to becoming a healthier person.
She approached me last week to ask if I wanted to join her in training for a 5km run. I hesitated, thinking that my cardio is extra bad. Even when I was a kid, I never liked running and I was always short of breathe. Thinking of my fitness level and how much I approved since I started going to the gym, I thought to myself that I should start pushing myself even more. With this in mind, I am training for my 5km run in spring. Yep, I have officially announced it. Hopefully by writing this, and posting it online, I will continue to train. &&& it helps because Rico and Justin will be joining me and Fontane.
Yesterday afternoon was our first meet. Unfortunately, not a lot of people showed up so Fontane ran by herself. I couldn't go because I couldn't make it to her house... so instead, I jogged alone in my area. It wasn't as bad I thought it would be. Yes, I was short of breathe but I kept pushing myself.
Along with jogging, I have decided to broaden my fitness level by swimming. Swimming not only helps you condition, burn and tone your body, it helps with controlling your breathing - which I need to do. I remember when I was in high school, I trained for dragonboat 3 times a week, two of the practices were in the pool. We trained extensively in the pool and also did strength training outside. It was major hard work but i realized that that was when my body was the most lean.
Lately I realized that my bodycombat class hasn't been given my what I wanted. There was something missing in that class. But don't get me wrong, i still the love the class. I love it so much that whenever I get home, I show jooyong what I've learned. It helps that your boyfriend is a 3rd degree black belt in tai kwon do because he can teach me proper technique that I haven't been able to learn in class. However, as I mentioned earlier, I want something more. I am considering of taking tai kwon do classes to further approve my strength and endurance. && knowing that I am super paranoid and chicken shit, these classes can help me improve on my self defense skills as well.
But first, I need to do to focus on my 5km training.

Ok, so I'll be doing my second run in 5 mins! Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. damnnnnnn- good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!! the word KILO-METRE scares me.
    havnt gymmed in almost a month again. can see my ass growing. =[
    keep going at it and then u can be my motivation coach lol

    ReplyDelete