Tuesday, February 16, 2010

VDay and other stuff :)

I know I haven't been updating about myself lately... I don't have an excuse... except for my uninteresting life lol
Mariah Carey Concert


Last Tuesday after work, I headed downtown to meet up with my friend (my boyfriend's friend) to have drinks before the concert. We were made excited for this concert because we're both adamant fans of Mariah Carey.
It was perfect timing because as I headed out of Union station, Sam and I instantly found eachother! We quickly went to a bar nearby to catch up and have a few drinks. I haven't chilled with Sam in such a long time... this being alone and talking. I found out a long time ago that we have very fullfilling conversations and that he is genuinely interested in what I'm interested in too. As we munch on quesedillas and drinks, we talked about politics - specifically about Giambrone and his illicit affairs. The conversation turned into a heated - but understandable - debate about unions in our city - him defending the union side (as he is apart of the Toronto union workers) and I representing the other kind, aka the public. It was quite fullfilling, I might add.
I guess the one cocktail, 3 yaggerbombs and 6 tequila shots (each) within 45 mins really added to the conversation as well! lol I might add, that I was very proud of my liver for upholding such a large consumption of alchohol within a short period of time.
As we walk to the ACC, we blazed and was extememly intoxiciated while lining up to get in. LOL Once we got in, we shared two beers and waited. The show was supposed to start at 7:30pm with the opening act of Artists&Ryders. Sam and I both agreed that the group was a mix between B2K and BoyzIIMen. It wasn't until probably 8:30 that the opening act went on.. Mariah came on stage around 9:15pm. Yes, we waited about 2-3 hours for Mariah to get on. I didn't mind the wait because I was having a fullfilling conversation with Sam.
Mariah was incredible! She pointed out that she was sick with a cold, while sipping on water and tea during the show. Even with the cold, she hit all of her high notes, sang with grace and confidence! She was fabulous!
At the end of the night, I was completely trashed! LOL and no, the alchohol did not contribute to Mariah's greatness!
The next morning, I had a major hangover as I sit in class, listening to my peers talk about their brochure designs. Thankfully, I wasn't too hung over to present my design. phew!

Lunar New Year
I call this Lunar New Year and not CHINESE New Year because it's not just Chinese people who celebrate it aka me, the only Viet girl in Scarb lol. I was actually shocked that one of my Chinese friends didn't know that Vietnamese people also celebrate this holiday because the Vietnamese and Chinese culture are very similar.
Nonetheless, I had a good New Years even with my fam and Re. She came over to experience the whole - tried the quail and other things to prepare herself for our trip to Vietnam next year! Wahooooo!
Valentine's Day
My Val day wasn't all so special. To tell you the truth, I'm not the type of person who is very keen on commercialized holidays like Valentine's day. But whatever. I spent the day cooking my family's roast beef dinner with the all the fixings.
In early January, I made reservations for me and Joo at Toronto's Best Restaurant of 2009 - Canoe, specifically on Vday for a prime time 7pm. Unfortunately, we had to give this reservation to one of Joo's friends because we couldn't make it because of family obligations.
I was disapointed that we couldn't make it. Nonetheless, we met up with his friend who showed how much the bill was - approx. $250.00 not including tax! Phew! We saved a good $300.00 that night! lol
Our 4 Year Anni
was spectacular!!! LOL Because we couldn't attend our dinner date at Canoe, we couldn't really plan anything else. I was very adamant of going to Canoe or no where else! We didn't make reservations for any other places... we were stumped. We usually go skating but since our anni was on Family day, we knew that the rinks would be packed with kids of such sort so we ended up not going.
At this time, I really wished that our anniversary was in the summer so we could take a romantic stroll through Centre Island. Boooooo
Anyway, since we're the couple who's on the go all the time, always meeting up with friends, family, working out, work and for me, school... We decided to slow things down.
For our 4 year anni, we decided to have a "nothing day." Yep, no fancy restaurants, no going out for romantic strolls. We spent the whole day - from the time we woke to the time we went to bed - together at home watching movies, ordering in and taking naps. It was fun because we excluded everyone and didn't leave the house. LOL it was actually quite funny! Even though it was "nothing day," we had to prepare ourselves for this "nothing day" by going out to get cigs etc etc lol!
At one point, the nothing day was really boring me! hahaha and i could see that Joo was getting restless too! We decided to go to foodmart before it closed to get some tofu so I can make tofu fa. LOL I didn't really want tofu fa... I just needed to get out of the house for at least a minute!!! LOL
Every year, Joo and I would exchange cards for our anni/vday. I remember the very first one I gave him.. It was a thong. LOL he then returned the favour and gave me a card that had tighty whities!!! LOL I think we have a such a diverse sense of humour!!! LOL
This year, we haven't exchanged our cards yet. It's actually kind of good because I couldn't find one hence I didn't get him one! lol I was really opting on going to Fairview today during my lunch break to beg Hallmark to let me see their unsold vday cards but then I thought to myself, since I know how to make pop up cards, i might as well do that! LOL working on that today and tmr!

No comments:

Post a Comment