Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My apologies for not posting for awhile. As I said in my earlier post, I do not know what to blog about anymore which is kind of deterring me from blogging all together. It's horrible, I know.

I guess I'll start with what's been happening in my life.

As I look back to the beginning of 2010 to now, I feel like it's been shitty. Quite frankly, I find that this year- which is supposed to be my year, year of the tiger - was supposed to be good. It's not. Apparently, according to my older cousin, the year of your horoscope animal is supposed to be the worst. Go figure.

As you may know in earlier posts, I've been dealing with a lot of weight on my shoulders. Emotional baggage is what they call it. As I put one bag down, I find myself carrying another load. It's hard. I've never felt this emotion before.
I'll begin with my friend who's mother passed away earlier this year due to her long time illness of leukemia. I later found out that my uncle has only 3 more months to live because of his cancer and many other illnesses. At this moment, Joo's grandmother is fighting for her life in the hospital as we speak, fighting a fatal cancer that they cannot cure. The doctors say she has only 2 days left.
It saddens me that life has to go through this cycle. It saddens me to see my friends hurt and lose their loved ones because of illnesses that are not preventable, that we can't fight...
In my earlier post, I blogged about, The Last Lecture, a book I found very inspirational that helped me through this time.
If you know me, I always try to find the nicer things in such grim situations. I appreciate my friends and family a lot more because, well, you never know when they'll leave you.

On top of that, my assignments at school has been stressing me out. I haven't seen my friends, especially my cousin and Rhea - whom I miss dearly - since... I don't even know when! Rhea even had to bargain with me for some quality time!!! I do apologize. I can't wait to see you guys soon!

Amidst this whole stress, Joo and I haven't been able to spend some real quality time with eachother. We finally went on a date Saturday :) Just us. Just like how we used to do it when we started dating. It was a beautiful day on Saturday. We woke up early - which is really rare for us! - and started to head out on our day. We went to the dollar store, bought a cheap plastic table cover... headed to Metro to buy some fresh cut deli meats and some really healthy bread. We loaded his duffle bag with food and water. We had a wonderful lunch picnic at Centre Island. Afterwards, we rollerbladed around the island, exploring all of it's beaches and lakes. It was such a wonderful day. There was rarely anyone there and even though everything was closed, I had this content feeling being with him.
I know I sound so corny... but even amidst this whole stress and emotional baggage, I find myself just happy whenever I'm with him. He comforts me without saying anything.
It's been over 4 years since we started dating... ever since then, we see/talk to eachother everyday. You're probably wondering how we still do it, how we still find things to talk to eachother. You know what, we ask ourselves the same thing. We just do.

Wow, that was such an emotional jibber jabber! lol

On a happy note, I can't wait for our girls road trip to MONTREAL!!!!! I love Montreal, and I can't wait to share my love with the girls in the city!!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment