Friday, January 28, 2011

A new beginning.... again?

Earlier this month, I've noticed that I've been getting pretty chunky lately. Not unusual of course because of my eating habits but the more and more I look at myself in the mirror, the more and more I am quite dissatisfied with how my body looks. This sort of emotion has furthered dissatisfaction yesterday. I went to Fairview to look for something to wear on tonight for my sister's 30th birthday.

We are going for dinner at a Winterlicious Chinese restaurant, then heading to a party called the Shuffle Party. I'm quite excited because this party happens for only once a month... and the music is friggin' crazy! Imagine... putting your ipod on shuffle... at a club!!!

As I was trying on things, I've noticed that this huge piece of miztran fat has been juking out of everything I tried! My spare tire has definately inflated over the past months of non exercise.
With this dissatisfaction, there is always a solution - eating healthy and working out. Just like over the summer when the cousin, Katie and I used to go to kickboxing and hot yoga religiously, I think I'm def gonna do the same routine.
Earlier this year, I started blogging again about my out lifestyle change. It changed for a bit, I def got slimmer, gained some visible muscles and lost about 5lbs. It was pretty amazing how hot I kind of looked without my rolls. But nonetheless, I am trying to stick with it every day.

Losing weight is 20% exercise & 80% nutrition!

Monday, I went to the supermarket to look for some healthy lunches for school and work. Not only do I save a hell lot of money, I also really benefit from eating my usual salad with almonds and cashews (no salad dressing!), tamatoes, and cucumbers. I pack either a wrap or whole grain sandwich filled with my favorite deli meats & cheese - hot mortadella, lean smoked turkey and jalapeno style harvati or spicy monteray jack (no mayo, of course!). I find that adding a kick to my sandwich doesn't make it dry nor dissatisfying.
I had this ingenious idea of using filling my sandwich with lots of my spring mix salad, tomatoes and cucumbers. I just compile my veggies and sandwich right before I eat.
To tell you the truth, I am quite happy with what I have for lunch everyday and look forward to eating it.
Now that lunch is covered, I just gotta think of convenient type foods that I can eat for breakfast. My dilemma is that, well I'm always on the go. It usually takes me 30mins to get ready and once I'm done visually prepping for the day, I head out as quickly as I can.

Researchers have found that those who eat a large breakfast every day are more likely to lose weight

I want something that I can eat while driving (and even though dangerous), it is the quickest solution I can think of.

Eating breakfast an hour within you wake up is highly recommended for those who want to lose weight



[ I got a break through just now!!!! lol ]

This morning, J blended me a hearty strawberry, banana shake filled with flax seed and orange juice. I think I'm gonna have J's delicious fruit shake every morning for breakfast! That's perfect, right!!!?? It fills me up quite perfectly, made from real fruits, tastes good AND probably covers my fruit and veggie daily recommended intake every day! Not to mention, it's friggin' convenient!

--------------

As for my exercise routine, I've decided to weight train at least twice a week and cardio four five times a week (if time permits). Weekends are my off days where I can do homework. This will be work out schedule (if you're curious):

Monday: Combat/Cardio
Tuesday: Pump & Cardio
Wednesday: Cardio
Thursday: Pump & Combat
Friday: Cardio

I'm not sure if I want to get into hot yoga again. The reason why I stopped going was because 1. the owners decided to cut the cheap class and 2. it wasn't challenging enough. Maybe I can look relook the schedule to see if I can do it Fridays again? But one thing is for sure: it'll be challenging once again.

Another thing, the cousin and I have bought vouchers to a kickboxing gym. It was $20 for 20 classes! Fucken amazing! I hope we get to start this once again! I'm thinking that we should start going either in March or Feb, and go once a week.

Honestly, I love working out. The love hate eating healthy but hey, that's sacrifice for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment