Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Number 5

This is my second last term of my program =S and yes, I am scared. Next semester, I'll be off to internship for half of it and hopefully I'll stabilize myself with a full time job. I'm in desperate need of a full time... especially because I owe J 5 years of financial support lol
Right now, I'm getting ahead of myself...Let me start with this:

In semester 5 (my current semester), I have a class that is dedicated to my portfolio. I'm quite grateful that I have someone that can guide me through this process. Unlike other programs, I find that they don't quite help students individually to develop and present this piece of yourself to potential employers.
Last week, I showed all of my good stuff to my coordinator. She liked most of it but gave me two assignments I can work on: an interactive magazine (SURFACE magazine will be the one I'll be redesigning) and a photography poster (a poster that I have something in mind).
Currently, I think I just "discovered" my personal logo. I think it's very me (the colours I chose) but most importantly, I think it works well artistically and conceptually.
We had to display our logo concepts for class critique. I have to admit, I think mine looks the best because of the concept I had in mind. Other girls did the usual flowers and cursive shit... and while the guys did the usual whateverness. With mine, I think it's... clever. Exactly what I want to show to my potential employers.
I'm also currently designing my personal stationary, business card and envelope. My stationary will involve my resume... I brought my laptop to work to work on it and I have to admit, today is the day my creative juices are finally flowing!!! (hopefully I don't lose it after I'm done typing this)
On top of that, I'm currently doing a flash website... something I'm gonna struggle with but hopefully it won't be too frustrating.
Other projects I'm currently working on are:
  • ad campaign for zipcar - 3 billboard concepts, a mail-in flyer and a catalogue
  • distillery district re-id - a logo, wayfinding, and poster
The logo for the distillery district was a bit hard for me to come up with... especially because the current one truly characterizes the district anyway.

So far, i'm very much enjoying the projects we're working on. I think this is what I've been waiting for for the past 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment