Monday, March 1, 2010

Oh Canada!

█ ♥ █

It's official - the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics has ended... I thought I would never say this... but wow - what a remarkable 17 days!!!!!

Yesterday's win against the USA in hockey was epic!!! Every Canadian, including me (I never watch hockey) was watching this game. I knew they would take it! Congrats to Canada!!!!! We have definately proven ourselves!!

On another note, I am quite disapointed about the organization of the games. I am very emabarrassed that these little mistakes - like not having the correct song, or the death of a luge athlete etc etc - were even present at the games! I mean, c'mon... the whole world is watching (and judging) our every step and Vancouver couldn't represent?!?!? booooooooo
Another disapointment was the closing ceremony. I saw the whole thing until they came out with oversized mounties and beavers etc... C'mon!!!!!! Is this what you have to show the world?!?!?!? That we're a bunch of mounties and that we look up to the beaver? uhmmm how about the culture? The freedom....? Everything that Canada had to offer was not in that performance! What a disapointment!!!

Anyway....

Congrats to all Canadian Athletes!

1 comment:

  1. i said the EXACT SAME THING to my dad when i saw the mounties!!!! HAHAHA im like NOOOO. WE'RE NOT MOUNTAIN PEOPLE. ITS SO UGLYYY WHYYYYYYY. hahah giant beavers. too funny lolll talk about NO DIVERSITY representation...

    ReplyDelete