Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Lift this weight off my shoulders

I know I blogged earlier but I just wanted to get this off my chest.

Lately, I've noticed that there has been quite a few deaths around Toronto. I mean, not people that I was close to but deaths in general.
I was reading The Star just now and found out that a 13 year old teen died unexpectedly from the H1N1 virus this morning. You can find the link here:
http://www.healthzone.ca/health/newsfeatures/swineflu/article/716657--teen-died-of-h1n1-health-officials-say?bn=1
Even though I don't personally know the teen, I feel this sense of pain for him and his family.
I don't know why and I don't know how. I just feel it. I feel like the whole world is slowly dying before my eyes and I can't do anything about it.
I think it all started in the summer. Here are a few events I have encountered:
  • One day in software training class, my class mate just bolted out of the classroom, looking quite upset and emotional. I see him all the time in class and he was always so cheerful - until that one day. Another classmate, Marco whom I talk to often, also ran outside looking quite upset. Afterwards, I found out that my classmate's best friend who lives in London just passed away from an overdose of drugs in the forest. He was only 20 years old.
  • A man was beaten to death by a group of guys in my cousin's old neighborhood over some territorial disputes. He was my age.
  • My friend whom I've known since I worked at Athlete's World told me last week that a person who I knew back in the day recently died of cancer. He was just a year or two older than I am.
  • two years ago, I came into the office one morning and found out that my HR rep had passed away that morning because of a car accident. Apparently the other vehicle was speeding in traffic (it was raining cats and dogs) and got away with little injuries.
No, I'm not depressed nor suicidal. It's sad how one's life can be lost in just an instant, especially when they're so young.
I feel like I need a good crying to remember these people who had families, friends, relationship and... life.

No comments:

Post a Comment