Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Training.. on a personal level!

Yesterday night, I went to my very first personal training session through Goodlife. It was approximately an hour..
So I get there... the personal traniner's name was Roy. I really hoped that this trainer would be hot... but he wasn't :( although he was really nice! He was enthusiastic and encouraging..! He asked me some assessment questions like what my goals would be... how much I want to lose and build on... and also about my habits etc... (I realized that I only get 3-6 hours of sleep each night which not good) He tested for my blood pressure which he says, is borderline high. Wow. I really didn't know that I might have high blood pressure! It's probably the lack of sleep I get and my smoking :( Gotta work on that.
After the assessment, we head out to work out. I went on the bike for about 15 mins to warm up. It was really nice to have someone there to talk to because the 15 mins went by really fast! lol Usually I would look at the time and dread being on these cardio machines.
We then head over to do some lunges. Normal lunges first... I guess it was a mistake that I told him that it felt too easy (thanks to my bodypump class!) so he took this huge plate of metal and told me to do lunges with it by holding the plate up in the air. That wasn't so bad. I liked it a lot actually! This way, I'm working on my balance, shoulders, back, abs and of course, legs. It was a good work out to keep up.
After that, I had to do one-legged squats like this:


Shit, was it ever friggin' hard!!!! I had to go all the way down, trying to balance and trying to support my body weight at the same time.
Afterwards, we then went to work my shoulders. I did a suspended push up... Sorry, I don't really know how to explain this suspended push up.
All of a sudden, I felt really nautious and dizzy. I felt like I was going to throw up. Oddly enough, I've never had this type of feeling before! He told me that I didn't eat enough during the day. So yes, I gotta work on eating more than twice a day. He also said that I did push myself which was great!
We ended the session with that. My next appt is tmr. And yes, I will eat! lol

The trainer was a great though! Having someone there to properly correct your technique and focus on just you is really encouraging!! I really want a personal trainer now! lol Only if I can afford it.. :(

So yeah... I'm hoping that maybe I can cut some costs if I hire him as a personal trainer. Skip the time of warming up with him.. I can do this bymyself.. and perhaps have a friend with me so the hour is cheaper between both us.. We'll see!!

BEAST MODE IS ON!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. did u see the Roy @ the goodlife that we go to??? hahaha if it is, he's the same dude thats been tryin to get me to hire him!!! rmb how i told u its gonna cost me almost a grand to see him for 3 months???? ya. craziness. i cant affor dhis services. (btw! he kinda looks like my white ex and that kinda bothers me LOL im sorry to hear that u think he isnt hot ahaha)

    hey i also need u to show me some weight/strength exercises i can do on my own!!!!

    ReplyDelete