Tuesday, September 22, 2009

There was something that I wanted to say.... but then my mind was interrupted by reading my cousin's blog that I totally forgot! arrrgghh, it's killing me!

oh yes... I remember now...

This is what my boyfriend (not a frequent facebook user) said when I told him that I changed my profile pic on facebook:

"You are so busy on facebook! You have to manage a restaurant, a farm, change your profile pic... reply to messages/wall posts/events...!"

As he said this, I was like.. whoa! that's sooo true! Facebook does consume my life and it's such a pity because well, that's the only interaction I have with people outside my group of friends! hahaha how pittiful of me... oh well!

that's kinda creepy! lol




On Friday I went to the Manifesto with Rhea... It was good! It was different than what we're used to at York... There was a lot of urban and street art... much of it, looks like from urban youths... nothing like we're used to at our up town, classical training at york at all!
I wished I took more pics... but this was the only one i took (from twitter).
I wouldn't say that a lot of these works were very profound or very political/etc... I think it's more like aesthetics if anything, but I could be wrong.
So with this, I wonder what is urban art anyway? I mean, does it have to be graffitti? spray-painted? various mediums? Illustrations? Does graffitti even constitute as art?
What I'm trying to get at is... what is art? What constitutes as art?
For example, a lot of people can argue that design is not art but others might disagree.
I understand, fine art and design are completely seperate from one another even though - in my opinion - they are under the same large sphere of visual communication...

Last year's Nuit Blanche was... well I wouldn't really know myself! hahaha This year should be good. I'm trying to gather a group of people to go.. hopefully everything works out! :)

1 comment:

  1. "my mind was interrupted while reading my cousins blog"
    - but i havnt been writing that much? haha theyre mostly pics during the past week. lollllll

    Anyways, your what is Art question sounds like a question to be answered....the next time we are in the sauna. haha! Too long to discuss here.

    && lx and i (and maybe two buddies from school) are heading out for nuit blanche again so perhaps we can meet up half way between zones or something. Keep in mind though, lx is bringing his cam AND a tripod so its going to be lots of standing around while he captures the perfect angle. haha

    &&& i do all that on facebook and MORE (seein i manage lx's restaurant and farm too). pls direct your pity energy to care/of meeeeeeee hahaha

    ReplyDelete