Monday, July 20, 2009

Bloom Restaurant SUCKS; Auberge du Pommier was AWESOME!

Me and Rhe were planning to go out for a very beautiful date, just us two. We decided to hit up a summerlicious restaurant. My co worker told me to try to Bloom Restaurant because it was really popular a year ago. So I call them on Friday night to make reservations for Saturday night. Called them, ring ring ring... no answer. I left a vm, specifically telling them to call me back to confirm reservations. The afternoon after, I didn't receive a call. No big deal, right? They were busy. Fine. I called them back, indicating that I left a vm. The host apologized and confirmed reservations for 9pm.
That night, it took me 45 mins to figure out a sophisiticated yet sexy outfit for my date, rhe. We travelled all the way to Jane & Bloor and got there 10 mins to 9. We waited.. and finally the hostess greeted us. I told her we had reservations at 9pm. It turned out that the table prior to us had come late and they're just finishing off with tea so she told us to come back in 15 mins, and for sure, there will a table available for us. Fine. We walked around, chatted a bit then after about 20 mins, we come back. We wait again.. she said, "sorry but they're not done now. But here's our card so call us!" WTF!?!?!?!?!?!? We travel all the way, made reservations and this is what we get?!?!?! I didn't even touch the food yet and I will tell you that I will NOT be returning to the effin' restaurant! I chucked the business card on the floor! Ugh, we were so mad!
At that time, it was alreayd 9:30 pm and most restaurants were going to close. So we travelled all the way uptown to go to marlowes. We got there at 2mins past 10pm. The hostess said since it's past 10pm, we have to pay a $10 entrance fee. WTF!?!?!!? Starving, we sucked it up. We had dinner over loud music... not to mention how friggin' expensive dinner and drinks were!
This was our first time at Marlowe and I would have to say, well it's a really modern and sophisticated venue. Although there was an older crowd - early 30s to 50s - who party there, it wasn't that bad.
hahahah there was these two guys - prob in their mid to late 30s - who were talking to us and bs-ed their whole story! hahaha oh gosh... it was an interesting night.

Auberge du Pommier
I initially wanted to go to this restaurant with rhe on Saturday night but they were all booked out. Joo's friend wanted to set up a double date on Sunday so I suggested to go to a summerlicious restaurant. We confirmed reservations at Auberge due Pommier for 7:45pm.
Let me tell you, the ambience and the food was absolutely delicious! lol (although I don't know how ambience can be delicous! hahah)
I had the chilled green pea soup with golden tomato purée and herb poached shellfish to start, herb roasted loin of grass fed veal with French coco beans, organic roots and basil pesto for my main course & the rustic peach tart with summer flower honey and almond ice cream to end it off. It was incredibly delicious! My appetizer tasted like a Vietnamese spring roll but in a soup, my entree was nicely tender and appetizing! and the tart was so warm, especially when juxtaposed with the almond ice, which just melts in your mouth... mmmm Now i wanna go back....

But anyhow, that was weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment