Monday, July 6, 2009

Transformers 2 and more

*****
*yawns. Yes, I fell asleep during the movie. Surprising?? yeaaahhh! I thought this movie was going to be gripping and intense like the first one.. but it wasn't at all!
See, this is what happens when you try to make a sequel to a movie where the 1st one was awesome and the following ones are just average. But anyhow, these are the reasons why I give it only a 3.5 - 4 stars and not a full 5.
Firstly, I didn't get into the plot or the characters. I think there was a lot of bouncing up and down between the transformers and Shia (Sam) in the beginning.
Secondly, I think Meagan Fox(xx <-- as my cousin refers her to lol) was pretty much really useless in the movie. She was definately a sex symbol in the movie.. kinda like how the girls are in Fast&Furious - Tokyo style was... an accessory.
Thirdly, it was wayyy tooo long for its own good! I kept falling asleep because it was like... meh.. nothing gripping!
HOWEVER, the graphics were friggin' awesome! I would have to give that to the them!
Shia LaBeouff (hopefully i spelt it right) was sooooo cute in the movie! I don't know why, but I love awkward guys like him! He was such sooooo awesomely cupcaked! lol

&& it was predictable.
That is all :)


So back to Meagan Fox... My cousin just vaguely on her blog that Meagan Fox is just sex. Yes, agreed! Through out the movie - as I mentioned before - she was just a sex accessory. It's sad that women are viewed like that... just as an object/accessory for only men's viewing. I'm not saying that guys aren't accessories as well.. but I think women are more proned to sell their body versus selling their talent.
*Prime example - Jessica Alba - C'mon now! You can't tell me that she's not hot. Every single guy friend (yes, including my bf) has/had an erotic fantasy with her in it. Right, that's fine. We all know that she's hot, sizzling and just burnt to crisp because she's that hot, right!?!? Yes, but she has no talent whatsoever! Have you seen her movies??!?!?!?! Best example? Her movie, Honey. It sucked like shit because her acting was shit. She was horrible.... but yet. It sold. Sin City, holy shit... her opening scene was when she was dancing on the table... in slow motion! She didn't even have a major part in the movie.. but yet it sold.
Now now, I'm not hating because I'm jealous. (ok, just tad bit) I'm hating because these women have the audacity to sell their body without any recognized talent. It pisses me off because women who don't have a fit body are being critisized and pressured into having an anorexic body even though they have talent.
I know that sex sells (who doesn't).. don't you think that this sex crazed era we're living in is just getting over the top? I mean, sex is sooo exposed nowadays that sex isn't even considered intimate anymore. It's just a means to jerk off and feel that 2 seconds of bliss... whereas sex should be more than that.

anyhow...

On a Brighter Note:

This weekend was pretty awesome! hahaha Friday night, I went to Skybar for 2 birthdays. I haven't been up there.. but it was really beautiful! You could see the Toronto skyline. It's a very seductive place, I must add. I've been to.. well not a lot of rooftop lounges/clubs. I've been to the Docks (upstairs) one.. but it was more of a smoking area.. even though the owners could easily turn that space into a lounge..... I also went to Rockwood (Grass area) and it was, well reallllyyyyy small.
Anyhow, Friday night.. was, as I mentioned, awesome! I had such a great time. The music was entirely old school (old school as in highschool days) with a mixture of current bumpin' beats. It was more of socializing thing than a club, I guess. A lot of my friends were just chatting it up... and it was a nice...
Saturday night, I went to my friends' grad/bday/going away to Korea party in Stoufville. Holy shit, THAT was a house party! lol One of those house parties where you only know certain people in your group and about 80% of ppl, you don't know. It was packed! There was food... a dj... and lots and lots of alcohol!
Sunday was random :) We went over to my friend's house for a small random bbq and bonfire :)

Other than that, I had a satisfying weekend... not to mention a pretty amazing study week. I wonder what other ppl were doing...?

So.. this summer... there's going to be a lot of awesome (<-- yes i know, awesome is the word of the day, today) days. So far, all of the weekends in August are booked.. and about half of the weekends in July are booked. So what am I looking forward to:

* Josh's pool party - Dorky, you have to come! it'll be really fun!
* Florida road trip! *thumbs up!
* Caribana
* tentative trip to Niagara Falls with the girls?
* Justin's birthday party - he might be doinga boat cruise!

Oh, how I love summer :)

*tata!

oh ps. after only class of BodyPUMP @ goodlife.. I have muscles! lol My arms and legs are getting really toned! I'm soo excited! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment