Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Beast Mode - Day 21

Breakfast: banana; coffee = 110; 105

Lunch: Harvey's grilled chicken salad; half of a poutine = 300;320

Snack: bowl of Vietnamese crab soup = 100

Dinner: assortment of appetizers - (sweet potato fries; pita bread w/assortment of toppings; nacho and spinach dip; coconut shrimp); 1/3 of grilled salmon = 300; 136

Late night snack: half of Honest Lawyers' club wrap = 216

Calorie Intake = 1587

Exercise = None
Calories burned = zero

Calorie intake = 1587

I thought that I didn't eat that much yesterday until I calculated all of my calories and realized that I went over for more than 100 calories. Wow! Gotta step it up next time!

Yesterday afternoon, Katie stopped by for a lunch date with me. We ended up going to Harvey's across the street (long story). We didn't want anything unhealthy (even though 90% of the menu was exactly this) so I decided on a grilled chicken sandwich and she went for the grilled chicken sandwich. As we were waiting in line, I heard Katie whisper to me, "Do you want to share fries?" I replied, "Do you want to share a poutine instead?" LOL so we did it! hahah we got a poutine and shared it... even though I felt sooo guilty eating it, at the same time, it felt so satisfying as the delicious gravy and cheese oozing in your mouth... hahah and that was my first poutine since Montreal. I think I did good!
Today's post is all about french fries! LOL haha and I'm sorry in advance if you're craving for some good ol' fried up potatos after reading this post.

I know it can be very hard eating healthy. Especially when fast foods is so easily available (and cheap). I've decided that yes, you can opt for a salad by replacing french fries... but what if you just don't "feel" like eating that boring salad everyday for lunch? Here's where my post comes in! If you're choosing between fast food chains to eat, here is a comparison chart for you to choose the french fry that has the least amount of calories. I hope this table can be of some use to you :)

(Ps. I don't know why I have this huge gap between my text and the table, if you know, please let me know =) )

























































RestaurantSmallMedium LargePoutineKids
McDonald's220
360
560
na
220
Wendy's
330
410
540
na
210
Harvey's
N/A
320
410
840
210
Burger King
270
350
440
740
270
Taco Bell
N/A
360
N/A
(supreme) 540
N/A
KFC
N/A
340
940
970
N/A

Are these numbers surprising to you? It did for me...! I can't believe that KFC's poutine is practically almost a full day's worth of calories for me! wtf!!! It's official - KFC's gravy is just lard lol

No comments:

Post a Comment