Thursday, June 3, 2010

Beast Mode - Day 9

Breakfast: Coffee; 1 Double = 110; 345.4
Snacks: Carrots; celery = 10; 20
Lunch: 1 Double = 345.4
Snack: Carrots; celery; cucumbers; bowl of spinach and pork bone soup; iced tall skinny vanilla latte = 10; 20; 21; 200; 60
Dinner: Bowl of pho = 449
Calorie intake = 1590.8

Exercise = 1 hour hot yoga
Calories burned = 700

Calories/day = 890.8

As I mentioned in yesterday's entry, my coworkers and I get some take out lunch once in a while. It turns out that we didn't go get veal parmigiano but decided on some west indian food. As I was looking at the menu of all types of curries, roti and jerks, I thought to myself that I will never lose weight if I decide to get all of this type of food (mostly sauce and rice), especially when I know they pack the whole damn take out container to the very top! I felt so helpless. There were times when I just thought, "C'mon Pauline, if you eat this today, it's oookkkk!! You're going to hot yoga anyway so you'll burn it off!!" Yes, that's my conscious talking to me, the devil side telling me to friggin' be fat... and that's how it was before! But not anymore!! NOPE! NOT ME!!!
My eating habits has always been a struggle me. I loooovveee food! Any type of food - from Korean, West & East Indian, Chinese... EVERYTHING! - I love!! It's horrible, I know. But I fell through it and decided to get the least amount (and cheapest!) thing on the menu, doubles!


If you don't know what doubles are, please look above. They're a native Trini street food that consists of two fried but scrumptious flat breads and delicious curried chick peas. It is incredibly good... and the chick peas make up for all of the greasy and fattening flat bread. Yummmm... I just wanted to share a lesson culture to you =)

Yesterday's hot yoga class was sooo hot! But do you know what made it hotter??!?!? The friggin' instructor!! hahaah I swear, at times I felt like we were flirting with our yoga moves! lol jk! I wisshhh!
The place that we usually go to for hot yoga no longer offered the cheap $7 class on Wednesdays at 8:30 anymore. Wednesdays are our mini "girls night out"nights that consists of hot yoga and some good lovin' pho. But now, since the classes aren't offered anymore... what to do? what to do? We gotta rearrange our work out schedule or find some place that offers hot yoga for cheap. It's gonna be tough because everyone reserves Wednesday nights for our weekly hot yoga session.
Yesterday class... and I swear, every week, the class gets hotter and hotter! I actually fell asleep while in corpose pose before the class lol As I was lying there, I could already feel the sweat roll off my forehead! lol and the class hasn't even started yet! lol But yesterday's class was really good. There were only about 1/8 of people there compared to the usually packed 60 people. It wasn't as stuffy and the instructor took his time to try to perfect everyone's pose. It was good.

Anyway, I think that's it? I'll ttyl =)

2 comments:

  1. HAHAH corpose pose. "This is to prepare for your death" I laughed so hard internally. ahhaha

    Ya thats true about Wed nights eh. we really do cancel everything else just to attend it...notice how dedicated we are now eh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is katelyn. i am posting anonymously cause i can't figure out how else to post something! :)

    maybe we should see if there's another yoga studio that still does 8:30 economy classes..i seriously can't afford to pay $17 for yoga every week.

    ReplyDelete