Thursday, May 27, 2010

BEAST MODE - Day 2

Breakfast: Cup of coffee = 110
Lunch: Spaghetti = 663 (est)
Snack: Handful of Pistachio = 713
Dinner: Bowl of Pho & cup of skim milk - 449 (est), 86

Estimated Calorie Intake = 2,021

Exercise: 1 hour Hot Yoga
Estimated Calories burned = 700

Calories/day = 1,321

Sleep: 6 hours

Yesterday was a horrible day for me! I started work at 11 and usually wake up 10mins before 10am to get ready to work. I thought that I would have enough time to get some breakfast at work in the cafe downstairs. As I was purchasing my stuff, I realized that I didn't have any cash nor my debit card and they didn't accept credit card. It wasn't until around 5:30pm that I ate my lunch. That's horrible and quite unhealthy!

I can't believe that pistachios are THAT much in calories!! Apparently, many sources on the net say that about 500 calories of the 713 calories are monounsaturated fats. I don't know much about the human body (I wasn't paying attention in biology class in highschool) but I do believe that monounsaturated fats are quite beneficial to your health. According to american heart:

Monounsaturated fats can have a beneficial effect on your health… when
eaten in moderation and when used to replace saturated fats or trans
fats. Monounsaturated fats can help reduce bad cholesterol levels in
your blood and lower your risk of heart disease and stroke. They also
provide nutrients to help develop and maintain your body’s cells.
Monounsaturated fats are also typically high in vitamin E, an antioxidant
vitamin most Americans need more of.

Interesting huh?
I'm glad that I'm starting this open diary of my weight loss journey. Looking at what I ate for the day and the amount of exercise I've had really helps me keep on track. With this being said, I've come to the realization that:

  • I need more sleep, at least one more hour
  • I need to eat breakfast
  • I need to bring food to work

Today's exercise? Biking riding with Katie once again! The bike ride will be approximately 20km both ways. I'm excited!

If you're interested in getting fit, either to lose weight or to just be healthy, nutrition house has great tools for you to achieve it. This is how I calculated my weight loss goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment