Wednesday, May 26, 2010

BEAST MODE - Intro + Day 1

I've been promising myself that after the winter semester, I would go back to the grind of working out and eating healthy. This means doing a variety of exercises at least three times a week. Also, to help me keep on track, I've decided to keep an open diary of my progress. With this in mind, what better way to do it on my blog! I got this idea from my friend who was keeping track of her diet hyperallergenic diet on her blog. I didn't really read her blog but just thought it would be a good idea to keep things on track.

It's been a month since school ended and I haven't been really dedicating myself to working out and eating properly. In fact, I think I have gained weight anyway which is such a huge no no!
During my trip to Montreal, my exessive drinking and under eating has gotten me to think that I need to do this seriously. Because of the partying, I think I lost a probably half a pound which is still good because even losing 1 pound for me is a huge step!

Nutrition:

So with this in mind, I've decided to write down all my cut offs so I won't cheat myself. I know my major problem is eating... the amount of food I eat and what I put in my mouth has gotten me this big. It's horrible but I know that I will over come these challenges over time.
This is my writing contract to you but most importantly, myself:

  • no eating after 9pm
  • no soda - water during the day; at least one glass of milk (skim of course!) during a meal
  • no fast foods/oily stuff
  • no sugar - candy and chocolate
  • two drinking nights/month

I know it doesn't seem much but I've realized that cutting these things out really help. I love to eat so cutting things like certain meats and pastas is not good for me at all. However, I am going to opt for healthier choices like, instead of fries, I'm going to order a salad with minimal dressing etc.

Goals:

I find that I am a goal achiever. I've never been a goal achiever up until I started my new program at Seneca. I remember when I first started, I told myself that I would get all A's and above in every graphic design subject. I'm half way through the program and I have achieved this goal (except for that one B+ I got because of this bitch prof!). Nonetheless, this B+ hasn't discouraged me to achieve my goals. Ever since then, I thought to myself that if I set my goals, I know I can achieve it.

  • Current weight 123 pounds; Goal weight 100 pounds
  • Current dress size L, 6; Goal Dress size S, 2
  • Current BMI 25 (overweight); Goal BMI 20 (average)
  • Goal calories/day
  • Goal obtained by exactly 6 months from now - November 26 2010 - 3 days before my 24th birthday.
Working out:

I've been getting really bored of going to the gym. My work out routines are getting a tad boring which is horrible because I was really losing focus. Joo has suggested that I work do some sort of martial arts. My cousin has also mentioned this to me and my friend has also started to do it as well. I've decided to do some kick boxing. The place that I've been thinking of going also offeres muay thai as well which is a huge plus! On top of that, I'll be doing hot yoga, rollar blading and biking to add to my cardio portion of my work out. This is what I'm planning to do:

Monday Kickboxing
Tuesday Biking
Wednesday Hot yoga
Thursday Kickboxing

I'll probably be switching this up after a month or two switch challenge my body a little more.


Calorie limit/day 1483

Recommended distribution of daily calories:
  • carbohydrates 222 g
  • protein 37 g
  • fat 49 g

I probably sound pretty hardcore right now but I really want to do this. Wish me luck!

----------------------------------

Day 1

Sleep: 6 hours; 1 hour nap

Breakfast: Cup of coffee
Lunch: Bourbon St. Grill's mixed vegetables, blacked chicken with noodles
Snack: half bowl of spaghetti
Dinner: Korean buck wheat cold noodles
ETA Calorie intake : N/A

Exercise: Two hours of cylcing
ETA Calorie burn: 894.5

I actually just thought about this idea today. I initially wanted to blog but didn't know what I wanted to blog about... so I thought that this would be perfect time to start this whole beast mode blogging thing because I just came back from vacation and don't really have any upcoming vacations anymore.
Anyway, you're probably looking at what I ate for lunch yesterday... and yes, I know.. it's terrible. I'm gonna try my best to make sandwiches to bring to work everyday and try out different salads. Also, eating at home is very key!

I feel quite glad that I'm finally starting this! Hopefully this daily blog will keep me motivated!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Goodluck! If you do achieve your desired weight, you'll be lighter than me! lol

    ReplyDelete